Size needed in the ocean?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not rely on a coating to prevent corrosion of brass that might be in contact with moisture that could drip into tank water.

I'm not sure what the pressure situation is, but just a long thin airline tubing section on the vent should prevent entry of excessive O2, if that is the concern.

Triac123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to avoid having to manual open the pressure relief valve every few days.
I found a plastic irragation air vent that will work. The other option i can use an electronic ice make valve(plastic) and open it via my controller every day for a 5 seconds.

Triac123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had another rethink on my Sulfur Denitrator build. Why do I need a Air Vent? Can I not put the effluent at the very top of the denitrator, and let it drip over some media in open air before it goes to the skimmer. Then the gas and water exit the reactor via effluent hose. This would avoid the nitrogen oxide gas coming into contact my aquarium water, if that even matters. I'll find a denitrator build thread and post my design there for feedback.

thanks for the feedback on the bronze air vent

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%

Back