New Plywood Stand.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishess
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Something like this?

View from inside the box, looking up. The object on the left representing the L notched to be bent and welded into the shape on the right.

I've not used L in this way and I'm not sure about the corner. I've found that L as an edge stiffener is less resistant to deflection than I'd anticipated. I'd be nervous about 3mm steel L over a 40" (100cm) span with 500lbs on top. An 8' (244cm) bookshelf where I tried to stiffen the edge with L steel so I could keep the height of the shelf short resulted in having to hide steel cables between books running 45deg back to the wall in 3 places to get rid of the sag.


steel2.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new