Skeleton eels who’s had them

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was on Divers den the other day and saw one of these awsome looking eels I was wonder any one have experience with them. Would they be a good first eel. Do they have tempers and what do you guys think is a fare price for them? All feed back is welcome and pictures of actually pets are always welcome

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've heard they are pretty much the same as a snowflake

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've heard they are pretty much the same as a snowflake

So are they worth the price tag then since the few I’ve seen are well double to triple compared to a snowflake eel

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are they worth the price tag then since the few I’ve seen are well double to triple compared to a snowflake eel

depends if you are the person that wants something a bit more rare in the tank. My friend has one and I don't notice a big difference in personality or anything compared to a snowflake

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had one but since you've received little response, I'll share my info. I have seen them around, I like them more than a snowflake, and they are very similar if not mostly exact in care and disposition. I've known people who did have them, people I know would classify them as an awesome addition, and they would be a good first eel.

I've never seen one priced over a $100 at an lfs around here, and I'm sorry but Divers Den is no longer the industry standard(on many issues) and they have become wildly overpriced on some species. Ask your lfs if they can get you one.

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had one but since you've received little response, I'll share my info. I have seen them around, I like them more than a snowflake, and they are very similar if not mostly exact in care and disposition. I've known people who did have them, people I know would classify them as an awesome addition, and they would be a good first eel.

I've never seen one priced over a $100 at an lfs around here, and I'm sorry but Divers Den is no longer the industry standard(on many issues) and they have become wildly overpriced on some species. Ask your lfs if they can get you one.

Thanks for the detailed feed back I must say I always look forward to reading your post on any topic almost

woodguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are a great eel, temperment is alot like a snowflake, mine was just over $100 at a lfs, dont see them often, actually hard to find alot of info when i researched before getting mine. mine took to the tank like all other eels, nothing out of the ordinary for careing for them
20170118_214331.jpg

Nick Gianakos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find them to be fairly reclusive compared to the snowflakes or chainlinks.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were on last weeks episode of Tanked so I’m sure the price will go up just like everything featured on that show. They put 2 in a basketball players 1200 gallon tank. I thought they said they only get up to 22” so just a tad smaller then a snowflake I think.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back