Skimmer Advice Needed!! Which would you buy?

So as yall probably guessed I still haven’t settled on a skimmer yet. There’s just too many variables with $$ & skimmer footprint being the biggest factors. I am really trying not to go over $350 and I checked out other skimmers of lower value but they lack the bio load coverage & mass reviews + long term reliability that I’m looking for. I lost $300 on the AquaMaxx so I am really trying to avoid losing another $300+ on a new skimmer if it bites the dust in 6 months. Does anyone use the Reef Octo Classic 150 Internal or should I just go with what I really want the Curve 7 Elite??
Ive used reef octopus for 10+ years, currently the 150 int classic. great skimmers
 
TRIED them all Bubble magus disappointment!!! Reef octo always performs and well built!
 
I'm a lifereef fanboy, but I was at SeaWorld yesterday and they are using all Octo skimmers at their Coral rehabilitation center. Not sure what model though.
 
Thanks for all the feedback Reef Fam!! I finally ordered the Reef Octopus- Classic 150 INT. A little larger footprint than I was looking for but it fit my budget well and has the best reviews for sure.
 
So as yall probably guessed I still haven’t settled on a skimmer yet. There’s just too many variables with $$ & skimmer footprint being the biggest factors. I am really trying not to go over $350 and I checked out other skimmers of lower value but they lack the bio load coverage & mass reviews + long term reliability that I’m looking for. I lost $300 on the AquaMaxx so I am really trying to avoid losing another $300+ on a new skimmer if it bites the dust in 6 months. Does anyone use the Reef Octo Classic 150 Internal or should I just go with what I really want the Curve 7 Elite??
How old was the Aquamaxx? TIA!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new