Skimmer and pump options for IM Nuvo SR80

reeferabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Sr80 but it came without a pump or skimmer. I wanted some insight on whether I can just use one pump for the whole tank or should I get two separate ones? Also what skimmer would be good, either a hang on the back skimmer or one that would fit in the back compartment. Any help would be great, thanks guys

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1710001393532.png

austinrazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the Sr80 but it came without a pump or skimmer. I wanted some insight on whether I can just use one pump for the whole tank or should I get two separate ones? Also what skimmer would be good, either a hang on the back skimmer or one that would fit in the back compartment. Any help would be great, thanks guys
I have an IM SR80 Pro 2. This is the skimmer I use

It fits perfectly in my back chamber. Although it is rated for 60 gallons max it has been working well for me so far with very light stocking. I might add another in the future.

As for pumps, I do not think the number of pumps matters as much as the total GPH of all combined pumps. As long as the pump or pumps you choose add up to the suggested GPH for an 80 gallon tank and achieves the desired flow in the display you should be fine. My SR80 came with two mightyjet 538s and they work just fine.

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 9004 skimmer on my 40 breeder at less than half power. Pretty happy with it. Also the SR 80 has roller mats available to fit its chambers. IM makes a manual one. There are also some automatic ones available. I would think that would be a game changer for these style tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back