Skimmer Film in Return Chamber

  • Thread starter Thread starter jphilip813
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jphilip813

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
964
Reaction score
549
Location
In The 915
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, anyone has experienced with Protein Film in the return chamber. SEE VIDEO below I have a TMC 2.0 750 DC Protien Skimmer that runs 22 hours a day, pulling out the dark skimmate, and 2 MP40s on one side of the tank and an Ai Orbit 4 on the othere, producing surface agitation..Any advice on this would be extremely grateful. An additional pump MAY send air bubbles to the display tank, I am trying to avoid that
 
Last edited:
Yes , surface agitation will remove.

I set up a carbon reactor and have it barely dripping in that area.
 
Yes , surface agitation will remove.

I set up a carbon reactor and have it barely dripping in that area.
Hey there, thanks for the reply, I never set one of those up before, heard about them but never seen one used before...hopefully it is not an expensive add-on
 
Hey there, thanks for the reply, I never set one of those up before, heard about them but never seen one used before...hopefully it is not an expensive add-on
You can use a little power head too to agitate the water.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new