Skimmer for 210 Gallon 2k Budget

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roughly 200 gallons of actual volume with tank and sump, 18 small fish, and a large fox face. I have a budget of up to 2k for a skimmer. I only want to purchase once, it has to be as silent as possible. Looking at the following skimmers, any feedback would be appreciated or other options out there

Reef Octopus REGAL 200EXT 8" RECIRCULATING PROTEIN SKIMMER $850 and another Varios feed pump $285.00 ($1,135)

Reef Octopus ELITE 220SSS $1,050

ROYAL EXCLUSIV BUBBLE KING SUPERMARIN 200 PROTEIN SKIMMER $1600

ROYAL EXCLUSIV BUBBLE KING DELUXE 200 PROTEIN SKIMMER $1900

ROYAL EXCLUSIV BUBBLE KING DOUBLE CONE 200 PROTEIN SKIMMER $1200

Currently using a Reef Octopus 150SSS from my last tank. I hate with the recirculating its one more power wire from another pump or I could feed it off my manifold.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a BK DC 200 for my 260. Not in use yet but I did a lot of research. Couldn’t find anything to show that the supermarin 200 was actually better besides “better build quality” and better for “wet skimming” which I’m not exactly looking for. Also, you do not have a very heavy fish load, and the BK DC 200 fits your tank better. If you have a big fuge or rollermat, would suggest downsizing further as BK skimmers are very conservatively rates.

I did consider the deluxe, and may have gone for that if I was going to upgrade further to a larger tank.

Also, BK ratings are based on DT only, and I don’t think it’s “actual volume.” Heavy fish load is considered 0.5” per gallon, just to give you an idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a BK DC 200 for my 260. Not in use yet but I did a lot of research. Couldn’t find anything to show that the supermarin 200 was actually better besides “better build quality” and better for “wet skimming” which I’m not exactly looking for. Also, you do not have a very heavy fish load, and the BK DC 200 fits your tank better. If you have a big fuge or rollermat, would suggest downsizing further as BK skimmers are very conservatively rates.

I did consider the deluxe, and may have gone for that if I was going to upgrade further to a larger tank.

Also, BK ratings are based on DT only, and I don’t think it’s “actual volume.” Heavy fish load is considered 0.5” per gallon, just to give you an idea.

Thank you for the feedback! Also removed the fuge on the new build- got tired of the mess. Now I’m trying to keep phosphates under control with the same feeding so hoping the larger skimmer will help solve that without having to do a reactor

Last edited:

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know its late but i have the Reef Octopus 220ss and shes a beast right out of the box. Plus we will really find out how good it is as i just added about 7 fish to the tank as well!

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely! Did you get it level?
As level as I could. I put foam underneath it to help out which was a big PITA. I do need to update which I’ll do today.

Back