Skimmer for 40 breeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frostyfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I thought you were looking for an in sump skimmer?

I am looking for an in sump skimmer, but found a new aqua gadget for dirt cheap. The aqua gadget is for the back chamber of an AIO right? I thought I could make an adjustable rod to move up and down. As you can tell this is my first skimmer purchase, and I have no experience with them at all.
 
Yes it is made for the IM AIO. But I guess you could make it work. But why go through the hassle? Just get an in sump skimmer :) Or do you just really like that one?
 
Yes it is made for the IM AIO. But I guess you could make it work. But why go through the hassle? Just get an in sump skimmer :) Or do you just really like that one?

The only thing I really like about the aqua gadget is the price! I'll have to decide if the difference in price between the two is worth the time and effort to make the AG work
 
The SCA-301 is a great skimmer at an even greater price! $89 average :) I love mine-lol.
I'm thinking about that one or the RO BH-50 for my 40g with 20g long sump. Are you still happy with yours?
 
I have eshop S120 cone on my 46g. I am very happy with its performance.
 
So I've narrowed it down to 3 choices:

Hydor skim slim skimmer 48-65g
SCA-301
CoralVue Reef Octopus BH50 HOB

I can't do high end at this point but these seem to be solid performers. Which seems best? I'm leaning towards the SCA.
 
The sca is the best skimmer in my opinion and the Hydoris also great but I have heard a lot of iffy reviews on the reef octopus
 
The sca is the best skimmer in my opinion and the Hydoris also great but I have heard a lot of iffy reviews on the reef octopus
Thanks! How nice that a great piece of equipment is affordable!
 
What is your favorite skimmer for a 40 breeder that you have/had? I would prefer inexpensive and high quality, but I understand for the most part "you get what you pay for" applies almost all the time.
My 40 breeder build with the sca 301 skimmer, can't beat it for the size and price.

image.jpeg


image.jpeg


image.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new