Skimmer for 93 Cube

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks for all the help. I hadn't considered an ATB skimmer. Thanks for the suggestion they look like excellent skimmers.

Just worried about it fitting my sump. The sump is a 24" cube so the skimmer chamber is 12"x12" so it'll be a tight fit if it fits at all. I can't find much info on that particular model but it looks like the ATB brand is well reviewed.

Just hate to get one and have it not fit.

Thanks again
 
Yes the Nano is a new product in the USA line. I'd contact ATB-USA. I was looking at this model when I was in the market for a skimmer and they got back to me right away and were very helpful.
Thanks for all the help. I hadn't considered an ATB skimmer. Thanks for the suggestion they look like excellent skimmers.

Just worried about it fitting my sump. The sump is a 24" cube so the skimmer chamber is 12"x12" so it'll be a tight fit if it fits at all. I can't find much info on that particular model but it looks like the ATB brand is well reviewed.

Just hate to get one and have it not fit.

Thanks again
 
I have used many reef octo skimmers and love them. Just swapped out to a lifereef skimmer and love it on my 92 corner. Not cheap but you can run about an pump you want on it. Mines running a mag 9.5 quite and great skimmer
 
What's the pump quality like on the ATB Nano? Says it uses an Airstream pump?
 
The Vertex 180i is on sale....... Too much for a 93 cube ?
 
Get a little crafty and save money for coral....drill a hole glue a big enough air line in your cup and have it run into a milk jug, overflow fixed.

A lot of people get inconsistencies from skimmers if you over clean them It's like a break in after every cleaning.
 
Another one I've not heard of..... Anybody have any experience with the Vertex 180i ?
 
I bought the 150 for my 80 gallon upgrade. I have yet to use it but I can say it has outstanding build quality! Uses a sicce pump with a custom volute. From what I've read they seem to be tricky to dial in, but work really well once they're dialed in.
 
Jimbo - Did you pick one up yet? I have 93 gallon too and bought a SSA CS7 for a song yesterday. This skimmer uses a Sicce pump, not an OEM.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new