skimmer help

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking for suggestions. I am looking at the asm g5, 2 different reef octopuses, and this one called the d&d terminator 2. the terminator 2 is the one i have been liking just looking at the features and how it works, but I don't know enough about them to know. any experiences.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a G5. When I run it in a tank with constant water level (a must for any skimmer, by the way), it can pull some serious crap out. I run a G3 on one of my systems and it pulls out some scary stuff, so I've been happy with ASM's. No experience with the others. I run an MRC MR2 and an MR4 and am very happy with both (despite the MR2 being the old school type with 1/2" PVC into the Beckett). What size system? The G5 takes considerable space in the sump, as will many of those listed, I suspect.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the total volume of the first tank it will be set up on is 110 gallons. by the end of the year I will have it set up on a 180+ gallon tank with a 75gallon sump. the sump for the first tank it will be in is a 40 breeder(36x18) it will have a constant water level. the g5 is the one I would have to splurge to get now. I kinda like the reef octopus, but I like how easy it is to use the terminator2

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The G5 is what I have running my big system Jimmy. It would be all you need to run your system now and later when you upgrade and no messing around adjusting all the time.

OP
OP
J

jimmybling31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The G5 is what I have running my big system Jimmy. It would be all you need to run your system now and later when you upgrade and no messing around adjusting all the time.

I thought you had the g6, but if that's a g5 that is huge. that is more than I would ever need and I like that idea. i think that's what I need to get. I need to find a good deal on one.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back