Skimmer issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmtopaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmtopaz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
2
Location
Jefferson City
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've had this tank and skimmer for about 2 months now, and no matter what I do this skimmer just won't do right. It fills up in about 5 minutes and is either making tons of bubbles or gushing water, nowhere in between. It's a Fluval Sea Mini in a Fluval EVO. Tried all sorts of dial settings and air inlet settings with nothing to show for it, always either does this or straight water. Any tips are greatly appreciated!
ebf2f828-0cd1-4a47-a7e0-ea19831e7e68.jpg
 
The water level is too high. The skimmer either has go up or the tank water level down.
I hate to be that girl but look at IOAOI or Bubble Magus Nano skimmers, Fluval mehh at best for the money.👍
 
The water level is too high. The skimmer either has go up or the tank water level down.
I hate to be that girl but look at IOAOI or Bubble Magus Nano skimmers, Fluval mehh at best for the money.👍
Sounds good, I'll try lowering the water level after work tomorrow. Only reason I got this one is because it fit perfect in this tank but for my 55 gallon I was looking at IOAOI
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new