Skimmer Pump selection help

hondacbr600rr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
133
Reaction score
45
Location
East Coast
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20260502_222159_D43F56A4-22D1-4D0A-97C4-806C8B72CB6F.png
Working on acquiring the equipment for my 310 gallon build and I came across a used Elite 220SSS skimmer.

Aside from needing to be cleaned, it also needs a new pump.

I believe the stock pumps is the Varios 6S. Should I be looking for that exact pump? Or are there better options I should consider. I plan to have a higher bio load so I am hopeful to get the most out of this skimmer.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
 
I've been using the same VarioS-6s skimmer pump on my Octo skimmer for 7-8 years and it just keeps chugging along. Very quiet.
Tough to beat them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new