Skimmer question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rezac
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rezac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reef Octopus OCTX-300. I can't find hardly any info on it. I found it should be run in 8-10 inches of water. How do I know what the right depth is. Also, is that skimmer to big for my current 210 gallon tank with 75 gallon sump?
 
I don't believe an efficient skimmer is too big.
Mine is rated at 600 plus gallons and I have 80g of volume.
If you are not able to find the control you want bring the skimmer up to bring down the volume in the body
 
Ok. That makes sense. I keep reading contradicting things about skimmers. Some say don't get any that are rated higher volume then your tank and others say get them so they are 20+% rating etc etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new