Skimmer question

MoparManiac

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on creating a 5 gallon sump (i may go 10 gallon if i can fit it) and i need a protein skimmer that will fit. Would the AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 work good for this?

AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115
 
I would wait a little while and get the tunze 9001, as they're adding DC pumps to the product line.. At a default setting of it, the positioning of the clear plastic part makes the skimmer act as a recirculating skimmer, reducing the amount of 1:1 throughput to keep planktonic stuff in the tank vs skimmed out. Pretty happy with mine on the 20 gallon, dead silent, but I did jam some poly-filter(the absorbent not just filter media) around the top area to prevent the bubbles leaking out the side. That's their idea to prevent skimmer-overflow, which works, but isn't the best method I've seen.
 
Hmm i wonder if i could get that for cheaper on a black Friday sale. And would it fit in a 10g?
 
I believe that both the 9001 and the 9004 skimmers are very reliant of the same water level being maintained.

When I had a 9004 skimmer in my 45 JBJ in the back area, it was very reliant on the level of the water. In fact, I would turn it off whenever I'd turn off the return pump for servicing or feeding my fish.

The 9004 was an excellant skimmer though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new