Skimmer Recommendations please

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2013
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
824
Location
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently started a new tank..around 200 gallons plus sump. Currently I have a Bubble Magnus Curve 9 skimmer. In my previous tank I had a Curve 7 and didn't really have too many issues with it. Now with this one, it is constantly overflowing, causing water to leak into my basement. It's not a ton of water at once, but overtime, if not caught, adds up. I've tried everything. The sump water level is basically always even and I have an ATO.
 
I have a nac9 works good. Another you could look at is ther vertex series of omega skimmers
 
If they are on the lower end, why are they more expensive then the NAC 9?

Different pump. The Curve uses a ROCK SP4000 and the Nac 9 uses an Atman PH4000. THe Atman is just a better pump and more reliable.

Now that I think about it, an Atman PH4000 should fit in a curve. Might be a better option than buying a whole new skimmer.


Just a side note: make sure the water level the skimmer is sitting in is between 9 and 10.5 inches. This is the #1 reason why a bubble magus skimmer is not working.
 
Different pump. The Curve uses a ROCK SP4000 and the Nac 9 uses an Atman PH4000. THe Atman is just a better pump and more reliable.

Now that I think about it, an Atman PH4000 should fit in a curve. Might be a better option than buying a whole new skimmer.


Just a side note: make sure the water level the skimmer is sitting in is between 9 and 10.5 inches. This is the #1 reason why a bubble magus skimmer is not working.

Then wouldnt the NAC be more expensive?
 
Different pump. The Curve uses a ROCK SP4000 and the Nac 9 uses an Atman PH4000. THe Atman is just a better pump and more reliable.

Now that I think about it, an Atman PH4000 should fit in a curve. Might be a better option than buying a whole new skimmer.


Just a side note: make sure the water level the skimmer is sitting in is between 9 and 10.5 inches. This is the #1 reason why a bubble magus skimmer is not working.

Mine used to be at 10" started having issues raised to between 8-9" does fine now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new