Skimmer sensor

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone! I had 2 quick questions. I have the control 4 with the ato setup and skimmer sensor. The ato sensor works great but my skimmer sensor always says wet. Is there anything that I can do? I have the nyos 160 on my marine 110.4

My second question is how can I add a switch when I open my door it turns on a led strip? Is that possible yet or will this be an add on later on?

Thank you!!!

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I had 2 quick questions. I have the control 4 with the ato setup and skimmer sensor. The ato sensor works great but my skimmer sensor always says wet. Is there anything that I can do? I have the nyos 160 on my marine 110.4

My second question is how can I add a switch when I open my door it turns on a led strip? Is that possible yet or will this be an add on later on?

Thank you!!!

For the Skimmer sensor always saying wet , I'd say contact our service team on that one. I'm not quite sure about that. You can do that one of 2 ways that ill provide you at the bottom of my post. This is something that can be done with the 0-10v port.

As a matter of fact one of R2R's very own here makes what you need. Contact @TheHarold

Here are your customer support choices :)

Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. You can also email us directly at [email protected] Monday-Friday and one of our representatives will be able to assist you with your question. :)

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the Skimmer sensor always saying wet , I'd say contact our service team on that one. I'm not quite sure about that. You can do that one of 2 ways that ill provide you at the bottom of my post. This is something that can be done with the 0-10v port.

As a matter of fact one of R2R's very own here makes what you need. Contact @TheHarold

Here are your customer support choices :)

Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. You can also email us directly at [email protected] Monday-Friday and one of our representatives will be able to assist you with your question. :)
Thank you so much for your response I will look into that! Are you going to come out with something in the future that is coralvue branded for switchs?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you!!!

Here is @Carlos@CoralVue going over adding a float switch, and a magnetic switch is the same process: just connect it to ground and a channel input of the 0-10v port. The Control4 can recognize that the switch closes because 0v (Ground) is applied, and initiate any action you program it to. That includes using momentary buttons to start feed modes, etc. I have a guide written up if you need that explains it pretty throughly.

You could get switches from amazon, BulkReefSupply, etc.

edit:
FB video not embedding properly- right click "Watch on FB" and open in new tab.

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is @Carlos@CoralVue going over adding a float switch, and a magnetic switch is the same process: just connect it to ground and a channel input of the 0-10v port. The Control4 can recognize that the switch closes because 0v (Ground) is applied, and initiate any action you program it to. That includes using momentary buttons to start feed modes, etc. I have a guide written up if you need that explains it pretty throughly.

You could get switches from amazon, BulkReefSupply, etc.

edit:
FB video not embedding properly- right click "Watch on FB" and open in new tab.

Video is unavailable for me.

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome that helped alot! Do you know if there is a way I can control my wave and my controller at the same time? Right now I have to click feed mode on my wave engine set up and then I have to do the same for my controller which turns off skimmer and ato? It would be awesome to use one switch and it will shut off both

OP
OP
Simon Reefing

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Skimmer sensor: for anyone with this issue of the sensor not changing statuses check what port you set the sensor up on versus what port the sensor is on in the app. It was a silly mistake I put the sensor on port 4 but on the app set it up with port 3

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back