Skimmer upgrade for Aquatop 40 AIO

Bushman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a long shot, but I need to replace my skimmer on my Aquatop 40 Recife. I know there are a few others out here who have this tank. Has anyone found one that fits well in the back of the AIO? Looking to buy a new one very soon!

OP
OP
Bushman

Bushman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TY Quack. Yes I looked at that. I already have a HOB 'fuge going to I probably wanna stay with one that will slide in the back. I do like that one, tho!

ReQuackulous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a funky 12g long and im using an aquamaxx that has a built in fuge (HOB-R). Whatever you decide be sure to share! There are so many tanks your decision will probably help someone in the future

ZenReef81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 24G Recife 2 months ago, and it came with their upgraded skimmer; per them, it has a stronger motor, silencer, and hanging bracket. It took about 3 weeks to the break-in, but it's been working great so far, let's see how long it lasts long term.
IMG_8630.jpg

OP
OP
Bushman

Bushman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zen, that's the same one I got. It is doing about the same as yours, just looking for a little more dry skimmate. I could probably live with it, tho. Just not sure once my bio-load gets higher if this thing will keep up.

firmefatboy799

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant speak on your tank but in my aio I run a coralife biocube v2 skimmer (v1 has an air stone v2 is a venture design no air stone) and has a tight space to fit in and works really well, there are micro bubbles but after about a week of breaking in theres almost none that escape once you tune it, I have the air all the way open but dropped down to where the collection cup is about an inch above water, skims wet but skims really well

Squirrellyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 24G Recife 2 months ago, and it came with their upgraded skimmer; per them, it has a stronger motor, silencer, and hanging bracket. It took about 3 weeks to the break-in, but it's been working great so far, let's see how long it lasts long term.
IMG_8630.jpg
I had the original skimmer... a noisy piece of junk. After seeing your post, I saw Aquatop sold this as an upgrade. It is much better. It replaced the Tunze 9001 I had been using, which was fine but very flaky / touchy in terms of actual skimming.

randadesfal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8630.jpg
How did you get it to break in? mine is 6 weeks old and still overbubbles constantly no matter how much i pull it up or push it down?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back