Skimmer waterbox cube 20

greyhunter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
18
Location
roeselare
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, im looking to buy a skimmer for my waterbox cube 20. It needs to fit in the second chamber. Any suggestions? And how did you fit it? Thank you in advance (pic for attention)
IMG_5831.jpeg
 
that tank looks pristine! Why do you want to add a skimmer? I’m not saying not to, just curious. I know some of the smaller skimmers aren’t worth the hassle.
 
that tank looks pristine! Why do you want to add a skimmer? I’m not saying not to, just curious. I know some of the smaller skimmers aren’t worth the hassle.
The tank experiences a decent ph swing at night (from 8.2 to 7.7) i want it to buffer a bit and a skimmer helps from what i have read. I also almost always have a surface film on my water that prevents some gas exchange. Although i have decent surface flow. So a skimmer would help remove some DOC’s. Thank you for the compliment! Its my first ever reef tank so it means alot!
 
I had one in my biocube for about 6 months and I couldn’t ever get it dialed in. I finally took it out and got one of the intank brand chambers… filter floss on top, some rubble rock in the middle and chaeto in the bottom. Added a chaeto light and made a little fuge. Helps with the ph swings and nutrients also. Just a thought
 
I had one in my biocube for about 6 months and I couldn’t ever get it dialed in. I finally took it out and got one of the intank brand chambers… filter floss on top, some rubble rock in the middle and chaeto in the bottom. Added a chaeto light and made a little fuge. Helps with the ph swings and nutrients also. Just a thought
I thought off that too, but i live in belgium and have not found a website that delivers it to belgium unfortunately
 
Nice start!
No need for a skimmer.
That's a normal ph drop.
Adding a skimmer just puts more co2 from the room into the water.
Air has to be drawn in from outside to have an effect on ph.
I run floss and carbon in my 15g 9.5g's total.
8 months
20251215_122831.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new