Skimmer

Kade76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there recently I started to plan to build a sump but what has been most difficult so far is deciding if I want a skimmer then what skimmer I want just so you know I have a 29g tank and plan to get a 10g sump I also have limited space above about 16” from the bottom of the sump to the wood board above so I need something small I would say I have a medium bioload or more I have 5 fish 4 corals and 2 bta’s all suggestions welcome.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't go wrong with reef octo.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is the only one I could find. Eating up too much nitrate won't be an issue though.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon display and 10 gallon sump (filled about half way) and I use a tunze 9001 skimmer
It only needs around 5 or 6 inches of water and is around 9 inches in total height. The entire device fits inside my standard 10 gallon tank (sump)

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the tunze skimmer might fit in that space.

OP
OP
K

Kade76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is the only one I could find. Eating up too much nitrate won't be an issue though.
Why won’t that be a problem I have heard about that lots. It also might be to talk I could probably saw through the board above it for extra room. It’s also quite pricey if it’s the best option though I can save up for a few months lol

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why won’t that be a problem I have heard about that lots. It also might be to talk I could probably saw through the board above it for extra room. It’s also quite pricey if it’s the best option though I can save up for a few months lol
There are plenty of options and this one is just my recommendation.

When it comes to nitrate, removal isn't ever an issue. Whether it be fish or coral, a tank that can handle heavy in and heavy out while maintaining good parameters will always thrive the most. Even with the fanciest skimmer out there you will still be seeking other ways to control nutrients. Skimmers can't do it on their own.

OP
OP
K

Kade76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of options and this one is just my recommendation.

When it comes to nitrate, removal isn't ever an issue. Whether it be fish or coral, a tank that can handle heavy in and heavy out while maintaining good parameters will always thrive the most.
Thank you I will keep looking into it looks like good warranty too that would help me to stop worrying as much lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back