Skimz Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Regg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm setting up a 203m in my 93 cube after I add 4 more fish for a total of 12... and maybe a few last have to have additions :-)
 
I've had the skimz sm201 for a few years now and haven't had any issues. I had it running on a 57 gallon tank with medium bioload and it worked great. Recently upgraded to a 93 cube so may need to upgrade once i add some more fish. Let me know how the 203m works for you spschief.
 
Ran the SM201 for a couple years. Great skimmer, no issues, construction quality was excellent. My only knock is the manufacturer ratings are super exaggerated... Go with BRS' ratings, they are much more true.

I know firsthand as I switched to a Reef Octopus 5000 skimmer rated roughly the same on the high end as the Skimz and it pulls out wayyyyy more skimmate. No knock on the Skimz unit I had, it was a beast, but now I can see personally that the rating the manufacturer put on it was bogus and BRS was on the dot with their ratings.
 
I have had one for a year and has been skimming great. It also is very easy to setup!
 
Ran one for a few years and they work very well. Build quality is nice and they have nice features with small footprints.
 
Thanks everyone for the input im looking forward to running for the past few years I've ran bubble magnus and reef octopus wanting to try something different
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new