Skimz SM122

Flameback Pair

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
6,613
Reaction score
6,042
Location
LIVING WELLS MONTANA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the water output height for the Skimz SM122 external skimmer? I messaged Skimz a long time ago and haven't heard from them.
 
What is the water output height for the Skimz SM122 external skimmer? I messaged Skimz a long time ago and haven't heard from them.

I had the stand pipe on hand to measure, and it was 8.25" tall to the bottom of the water outlet. The base of the skimmer adds some distance to that, so I would guesstimate around 10 to 11 inches total. I will dig through the returns tomorrow and see if we have one I can measure to get you a better idea.
 
Well I need it to clear the edge of a 14" sump so no matter what the height I could raise the skimmer by putting something under it.
 
Well I need it to clear the edge of a 14" sump so no matter what the height I could raise the skimmer by putting something under it.

I've been looking and I haven't been able to find one to measure unfortunately. I think your stand idea will be the best bet because it will likely be too short.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new