Skunk cleaner shrimp vanishes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tapio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tapio

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2014
Messages
126
Reaction score
73
Location
San Diego, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced a cleaner shrimp, not even a very small one and it seems gone. I wonder if my resident Emerald crab might have done him in? 130 gal reef.
 
Maybe molting. They hide for a few days before and after.
 
I would say he's hiding or something. My new shrimp did that for a while until the fish stop picking on him.
 
It probably molted since I saw one shrimp antennae a couple of days after I put him in the tank. He has now reappeared, unfortunately in a cave facing the back of the aquarium. Only the front side is fed so hopefully he will change to a front side cave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new