slime in ATO container

cmmatxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it normal to have clear slime build up in the ato container? i pulled out my pump and felt a slimy coating on the tube that goes from the pump to the tank what’s the best way to clean the container, pump and hose?

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it normal to have clear slime build up in the ato container? i pulled out my pump and felt a slimy coating on the tube that goes from the pump to the tank what’s the best way to clean the container, pump and hose?
I fill my ATO with kallwasser, so no slime

GMay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just soak the line pump and container with a dilute bleach solution (1 cup bleach per gallon). If you do this 3 or 4 times a year no problem. After the soak for an hour or more with the pump running water through the line, flush it well with several changes of fresh water and use a little dechlorinater in the last rinse. I do this with all my storage containers to keep them clean. Even pure water will eventually get some bacterial growth in it.

sarcophytonIndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could i do this as well? i dont dose any thing i have a 20 gallon cube
Sure you could, but you might not want to on a 20 gallon system. I would be worried about potential pH spikes. I have a 125, plus a 55 gallon sump, so a lot more water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%

Back