Slimer vs GSP - losing the war?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian S
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brian S

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2017
Messages
112
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your time!

I had a green slimer that was doing really well, then the green star polyps came to town. The gsp got too close to the base of the slimer. I 'pruned' the gsp back with kalkwasser slurry - but it appears that they damaged my slimer. What was a small bleached area - maybe 1/8 of the circumference of the base has increased to probably half. I'm certain that I was overly cautious with my gsp pruning. I'm fairly certain the bleaching is from gsp contact.

What should I do with my green slimer? - overall color and polyps extension isn't what it used to be. Should I let nature take its course? Frag it?

I can provide a photo later if that helps
 
If you want to save it then frag it. I had the same problem with Acropora and GSP, I removed the GSP.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new