Slimy acro

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got an acro about a week ago and ever since I've had it, it always has some stringy slimy stuff coming off of it...I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before and might know what it is? I don't know what type of acro it is but I do know it's not a bali slimmer.
 
I got an acro about a week ago and ever since I've had it, it always has some stringy slimy stuff coming off of it...I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before and might know what it is? I don't know what type of acro it is but I do know it's not a bali slimmer.

See if that stringy stuff is leading back to anything. I've seen this before where a vermetid snail is attached to the frag plug, the rock, etc. and the acro encrusts over it. Anytime food is in the water, it appears that the acro has stringy stuff coming out of it when in fact it is just the snail's mucus net.

I bet you will find one if you look carefully for it.
 
No it's, not a vermitid snail it's actually coming off the coral.
 
IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new