Slipper lobster

  • Thread starter Thread starter inetjnky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

inetjnky

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
581
Reaction score
319
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walked into my lfs yesterday and they had a tank with about 6 slipper lobster... I was like "what?! People put them in a fish tank?!"... The last time I saw one of them was when I lived in Hawaii and diving for lobster off the north and west side of Oahu. If they weren't $32 a piece I'd have considered buying them to eat them. Yum! Slipper and Spiny lobster are so delish! Slipper lobster are very sweet in taste too! I miss eating them!
 
people will put some weird things in their tanks. My lfs has some enormous hermit crabs right now. like the size of a soccer ball. One of them declawed the other so they had to be separated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new