Slow growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter kodi3100
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kodi3100

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2017
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have have 2 rbt for about 3 months and they has chosen a spot high on a rock he has a anemone crab hosting one nothing hosting the other and they have had little to no growth in the past 3 months I target feed them alternating mysis soaked in reef roids and cut fresh shrimp which he takes every time but still have no growth any ideas to help them grow or is it just a time thing and I'm expecting too much ? My lighting is orbit ic pro he has plenty of flow my Params are are stable with only miner variations
Temp-77
Amonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate - 10-20
Calcium-480
Magnisum- 1360
Alk-10
Ph-8.2-8.4
Phosphate- .25
I add coralvite every other week and essential elements at every water change which I do 10-20% every Sunday
Thanks for help
 
I think 3 months is a little fast. Give it some time and feed pellots. They have higher nutritional value.
 
I think 3 months is a little fast. Give it some time and feed pellots. They have higher nutritional value.

Yeah I wasn't sure timeframe wise I hear all these people talking about them splitting at 6 months and I figured I would see something by now I guess I'm just impatient lol , I didn't even think about target feeding pellets I didn't know if they would take them I'll try that as well
Thanks for your input
 
I would give it more time. Do you have pics?

A lighting upgrade would possibly speed up growth but if they are healthy then its not really needed. Up to you.

I feed mine mysis/ rod's eggs, dry fish pellets, and crushed pieces of shrimp when I eat shrimp. ~3x a week.
 
I would give it more time. Do you have pics?

A lighting upgrade would possibly speed up growth but if they are healthy then its not really needed. Up to you.

I feed mine mysis/ rod's eggs, dry fish pellets, and crushed pieces of shrimp when I eat shrimp. ~3x a week.

I was worried about lighting since it's a relitivly cheap setup but they haven't moved so I thought they were happy they are both very healthy looking ( I'll post pics when I get back) but like some have said I think it's just being impatient which in this hobby is a no no lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new