Slow leak at input to new chiller

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gopi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gopi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2014
Messages
419
Reaction score
85
Location
Raleigh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AquaEuro USA chiller arrived yesterday, 1/10 hp. I got everything set up and the pump is circulating water through. Per directions, I havent turned the unit on yet. (Sticker says to wait 24 hrs.)

Anyway, I seem to have a very very slow leak at the input connection. It feels like the barbed hose connector is seated properly, but I have water welling up through the nut (?) I'm assuming the hose connector isn't getting a full seal to the unit and I'm not sure how to fix this. No leaks at output or anywhere else.

Ideas?
 
Have you tried teflon tape or pipe sealant where the barbed adapter screws into the chiller?
Or can you post a pic of where it's leaking from?
 
I haven't put anything around it yet, the adaptor doesn't screw into the chiller but is a 'push down' type seal and then there is a nut that goes over that connection- only the chiller itself has threads. Pics have so far been unsuccessful but I will try again later tonight.
 
Right so maybe some teflon tape over those threads on the chiller that the nut screws onto.
Again, not sure if I'm understanding where its leaking from but that's my first thought.
 
Actually, problem solved. I did some contorting inside the cabinet and after drying everything off found the leak was actually at the hose- small hole. No worries, I needed to trim the hose a tad anyhow. Glad it's a small issue...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new