Slug like foot extending from rock?

Generator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this flat up against the rock a few days ago because it had a little bit of a flourish to it. Today, it's extended from the rock. The bottom of it, the face is about the size of the pad of my thumb so not a small thing. It's tucked up in a hole in the rock. I've not been able to get a better photo because it slams back into the rock.
1716671950399.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the description, I would assume a bivalve of some variety, but it's really tough to say from the pic - is the bottom of the foot hard/solid or soft/squishy? When it slams back into the rock, does it swing closed, or pull straight in?

OP
OP
Generator

Generator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the description, I would assume a bivalve of some variety, but it's really tough to say from the pic - is the bottom of the foot hard/solid or soft/squishy? When it slams back into the rock, does it swing closed, or pull straight in?
I'm thinking it's a bivalve also. The angle I'm seeing it from it pulls straight in. It's on the underside of the rock. I've just turned it so it's on top. I've rearranged a few times since I first placed the rock because interesting things have appeared each day. This is a photo after I turned it, waiting for it to come back out but it looks hard.
1716674121209.jpeg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back