Small filter added to my return chamber?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
7,212
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I added a Whisper 10i internal filter 90gph to my return chamber, running carbon. Fits perfectly and keeps the water slightly agitated.
My question is, my doser is set up where 2part is added between the bubble trap, before the return. Will the carbon in the Whisper have any effect on the ALK/CA or Trace Elements I dose?
 
Yes ,
The carbon will pull some trace elements from the dosing .Carbon doesn't take long to adsorp it's limits .What trace elements are you dosing ? U can do without as water changes will suffice to fulfill this role .
It shouldn't affect the Ca or Alk .
 
Thank you for your reply. I'm dosing SeaChem's Marine Trace & Reef Plus. 10ml each 1x between bi-weekly WC. However I'm only changing out 5g at a time. Mainly because this amount does not cause any changes in my parameters. Shooting for stability here [emoji2]

Oh if carbon does remove trace elements then wouldn't dosing them help replace what the carbon removes from the water, between water changes?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new