Small macro tank planning help

Icedtealeaf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Ive had my Micro tank started for a couple of weeks now just cycling. Im new to the reefing stuff and have been dosing Microbacter as well as chaetogrow. So far the tank is empty except for a few species of macro algae. Ive had to deal with some Majano Nems but all is well. I was wondering what sort of plan I should put together in order to ensure success. What should I add and when? CUC or my first fish. the tank is 12g with a freshwater light as i don't plan on having many if any corals. Im just getting my first algae bloom now so IDK if I should start adding Snails shrimp, ect. Any ideas?

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r and welcome to the Reefing hobby. I have been an addicted reefer for 53 years.

My advice to you is to go with a mixed invertebrate tank of filter feeders, macro algaes and low light corals. To that end, biodiversity produces stability and for that I suggest diver collected live rock.

Check out hitchhikersvon Gulf live rock:

OP
OP
Icedtealeaf

Icedtealeaf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r and welcome to the Reefing hobby. I have been an addicted reefer for 53 years.

My advice to you is to go with a mixed invertebrate tank of filter feeders, macro algaes and low light corals. To that end, biodiversity produces stability and for that I suggest diver collected live rock.

Check out hitchhikersvon Gulf live rock:

Thats Interesting! I was planning on going with many inverts maybe some feather dusters and such, I might get some small utilitarian fish to aid with CUC. Just wondering, do you know where I can get a more diverse selection of macro algae? Im in Ontario so so far No luck..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back