• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Small mysis. Who has them and wants to sell some?

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, to me the Holy Grail of copepods are shown in the video below. I had mysis like this in my reef until I treated with Interceptor, and have been on a search to replace them ever since. My tank does have a healthy population of the pods sold commercially by AlgaeBarn and others, but no one sells (at least no one I have found) a tiny variety like that seen in the video. Several aquariums around the world have identified such mysis in their systems and declared them to be a new species including the recently named heteromysis hornimani from London and heteromysis domusmaris from Vienna. They describe the domusmaris species as 3-4 mm max and always swimming in a figure 8 pattern. That was exactly what I had in my aquarium for years. Now I see a few folks posting online that they have something similar in their refugiums etc., but still nothing for sale.

Anyone got these or something like them and want to sell some?

Just curious :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Sunny

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think this should have been moved to the buy sell trade forum. That was not the primary purpose of my post. The primary purpose was to see how many people have mysis like these in their system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back