Smaller water changes once tank is established?

baldislife

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
75
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have had a tank for a while is it better to do smaller water changes?

I have a 25 gallon IM lagoon and growth has started to take off in month 10. I test to make sure my numbers stay more or less consistent. My water has always has undetectable nitrate and phosphate. I have added another fish to address this. I feel like the tank has hit its stride (but isn't that when something goes wrong lol) growth has started to accelerate. Is it better now to change less water to keep it more stable and build some nutrients? Specifically doing a 5 -10 percent water change as opposed to 15-20 percent weekly. Thanks for any feedback!

IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0032.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new