Smallish Tank Decision 36x20x20ish?

butrflynlambie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2015
Messages
155
Reaction score
62
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning for a larger tank 120~150gal. At this time we are halfway through building out the basement and hit delays... I expect it to take much longer than expected.

Soo looking for a tank to on the first floor. I am thinking around a 60gal / 36in wide. I have been searching craigslist but haven't seen many in this size go up for sale.

I am looking for comment on these three or any other recommendation. If there are known sales or wait for a sale etc... that would be much appreciated.

considering the following...

Deep Blue
http://www.saltwatercritters.com/inc/sdetail/4823/4983

CAD Lights
https://www.cadlights.com/index.php...id=308&zenid=1f4a8a7e2b24fb0fcb5de47c59493aad

Reef Octopus T90
https://fragtasticreef.com/reef-octopus-luxury-lux-t90-48-gallon-aquarium/


Equip I have at the moment
ecotech L1 return pump
old RIO return pump (never used)
maxspect r420r light
aquitronic aquarium controller
 
What is odd to me in is that the reefer sump is like half of the space available. The CAD lights comes with a sump as well and a pump. I had thought the Red Sea had an aluminum stand underneath but it looks like it is mdf or something. Not sure there is a good justification for for $300/400 more for the red sea. (if all things were the same... and yes i know they are not.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new