Smart way to introduce Kalk on my system [Help]

Felipe Ramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

My tank right now is almost perfect I can say but Im having a problem with my PH for a while... Sometimes it goes to 7.4 - 7.5 and stays there for a while and usually is around 7.8 but never more than 8. Ive tried to raise my KH to 9 to see if there was a increase but there wasn't. So after try open the windows, co2 absorb media and the methods I know, I decided to use Kalk. I just got a reactor and I have no idea how to dose it.

I dont wanna mix in my RO water because it will never be stable, and right now my CA reactor turns on if my ph is 6.91 and goes off in 6.81 and this makes my KH 8.4 which is what I want for my system.

How to add Kalk in this system and maintain the same parameters and what kind of Kalk midia do you guys use?

Thank you so much in advance for the answers

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to check PH? If electronic probe has it been recently calibrated?

I have used a simple drip system in the past with good success but on my new tank I’m using a BRS dosing pump to administer the exact amounts of Kalk I need.

I have always used Mrs.wages pickling lime to make my Kalkwasser.

913CD68F-DB9E-4C46-9C50-A2AB1E11DE3E.png
B64ABB62-244F-4B0A-87CC-9F5BC82E04EB.png
812A9152-0D67-4C69-82DC-DF53A7819D1E.jpeg

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tee off my ato line to a DOS to kalk stirrer to tank.
Maybe try a bigger skimmer if you can borrow one to try, id also check the calibration on that probe.

OP
OP
Felipe Ramos

Felipe Ramos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my PH probe calibrated... I was using a bigger skimmer but I was having a lot of overskiming... Is there a way to calculate the exactly amount I need of kalk? I mean, my KH is perfect with my calcium reactor... How do I low it and complement with Kalk to raise only the PH?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back