Dose kalk

robreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have my kalk currently in my ato but I’m getting scared of more evaporation now that it’s getting warmer. Thinking about using my doser. I stoped dosing everything because my weekly water changes seem to do wonders for everything but alk. My coral seem to be draining the alk. Is there any special way to mix and use doser?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Kalk in an ATO messed up my tank once. I think using a doser would help a lot. Pre mix the Kalk and be sure to only use the watery part. Not the sludge at the bottom. Getting a mixer from amazon is not that expensive. Then slowly supplement your 2 part until it gets into balance.

OP
OP
robreefer91

robreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Kalk in an ATO messed up my tank once. I think using a doser would help a lot. Pre mix the Kalk and be sure to only use the watery part. Not the sludge at the bottom. Getting a mixer from amazon is not that expensive. Then slowly supplement your 2 part until it gets into balance.
Yea I can see things getting bad if I use the ato and kalk. What kind of mixer would you suggest. I never had a reservoir for dosing. I used to use the bottles of whatever I was dosing so should I get like a big gallon jug and mix it and wait for it to settle until I get a mixer or were you referring to like a kalk stirrer?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk stirrer is expensive. Use any plastic bottle for a container. They sell cool slim ones from BRS, but maybe for the future.
IMG_2409.jpeg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also just not mix the kalk to full strength. If you have twice as much evaporation, then mix your ATO reservoir with 1 teaspoon per gallon, for example.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back