Smatfarm 95w coverage questions

ctylermast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
149
Reaction score
78
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m looking to upgrade from my standard leds to something that can support life, I’m looking at the smatfarm, reviews seem glowing. I have a 35g it’s about 36” long, for the time being at least I should be able to get away with one light hung about 12” high correct?


20251021_093626_C101FED2-AB89-4E44-A92B-5275A3A7AC5B.png
If someone could verify I’m reading the charts correct. That is displaying a 4’x4’ area. And the height written at the top is the height above the start of the water column. I’m sorry I’m pretty new at least to the reef/lighting part
 
That light should work IMO. I have a 100 watt nicrew on a 32 gallon set at 75%, so similar size tank similar wattage.

Don't go by those charts, manufacturers greatly exaggerate. If you really want to know the par then rent a par meter from your LFS, that will be more accurate.
 
That light should work IMO. I have a 100 watt nicrew on a 32 gallon set at 75%, so similar size tank similar wattage.

Don't go by those charts, manufacturers greatly exaggerate. If you really want to know the par then rent a par meter from your LFS, that will be more accurate.
I figured that was probably the issue lol. I just figured if I hung light directly centered about 6”ish inches above tank, I should be fine. Why do you run on 75 as opposed to 100
 
I figured that was probably the issue lol. I just figured if I hung light directly centered about 6”ish inches above tank, I should be fine. Why do you run on 75 as opposed to 100
I only have one giant sinularia in the tank, it seems to do well at 75% its been there for 3 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new