OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a good (preferably free) app or format for editing videos? That's something I'd really like to give a go but can't seem to find anything that works well.

Tried this free adobe software, lets see if this works. Just a quick clip of my ASD Rainbow millepora flow

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's difficult to find a good free video editor. I gave up and now have a family plan for an Adobe Creative Cloud license. Premiere Pro is just too good to learn something else.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a good (preferably free) app or format for editing videos? That's something I'd really like to give a go but can't seem to find anything that works well.

Tried this free adobe software, lets see if this works. Just a quick clip of my ASD Rainbow millepora flow

If you want one for your phone then try out Youcut. I use the Pro edition. The free version is really good but you can only have a short video. The pro version is cheap compared to what it can do. You can cut, add effects, filters, music, etc. Good app for the phone.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want one for your phone then try out Youcut. I use the Pro edition. The free version is really good but you can only have a short video. The pro version is cheap compared to what it can do. You can cut, add effects, filters, music, etc. Good app for the phone.
Nice JCOLE, I'll check that out! My phone takes decent video, it'd be nice to edit out some stuff and add music other than free youtube stuff.

I do want to figure out how to edit my dslr videos too. It takes great video and I could do some macro stuff too. It just shoots RAW and I have no way to dial it in and edit shorts together. I may try the adobe for that as I already have lightroom for pictures.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH is treating stuff real nice. Only one piece didn't like the change....
Tongs Aussie Rainbow Millepora.jpg
...and it ain't this one :)
14k Hamiltons and XHO/Quanta OG Pop bars for blue

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'd be awesome. I can see some different colored polyps showing in the middle too. so could be that type for sure.

Looks awesome and I love that piece! I will need to add that one back to my collection very soon! Looking forward to seeing it grow out in your system.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH is treating stuff real nice. Only one piece didn't like the change....
Tongs Aussie Rainbow Millepora.jpg
...and it ain't this one :)
14k Hamiltons and XHO/Quanta OG Pop bars for blue
Did you swap to 400w? I like 400w, illuminate the whole tank on another level.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you swap to 400w? I like 400w, illuminate the whole tank on another level.
I haven't. I've been holding out to see if I can get away with 250w for now. So far it's looking pretty good. I'm running 2x250w Hamilton 14k right now. I do leave all my blue bars on for the whole photoperiod to get a little boost.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New puppy got a hold of my orange filter. These are with my phone and clip on filter. Usually I’ll adjust to make them look more realistic but they get the look across. basically what I see if I look through the orange filter or shades.

this section is filling in nicely. TGC creamsicle top left. Oregon tort middle top. Tropic thunder montipora creeping off rock and on side glass. Frogskin right hand side. Tongs Aussie rainbow millepora bottom.
Aussie millepora touched Oregon tort and won. Oregon tort touched Frogskin and grew over it. Now Frogskin seems to be trying to outgrow it.
I’ve got some trimming to do soon. I’m either going to move the millepora or trim it back and make a second colony to see how it reacts in a different amount of light. Things really growing quick now. that blue is new growth around the edges. That’s white the daylight.
BE9A3448-DE2F-4BBA-9EBD-69268CB1196F.jpeg
TGC Cherry bomb. Polyps out full force and coloration is getting good. Over saturated in the picture.
EF05A6F1-6B60-4B41-9991-A952E6B6DECF.jpeg

Scop
7E319D01-A6A4-459A-82E7-01EDA46EEFAA.jpeg

cool BC piece but blanking the name. This is gonna be a cool colony one day
890F7B84-4990-4D68-823B-2169DB1CF337.jpeg

AOA granulosa getting better and better

925CCD3A-0724-49D6-8CB5-FB10252C6A9B.jpeg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early October and yesterday, I think this one is finally waking up
Tongs Oddity Good.jpg
It seems it is going to explode to all sides.
This will become a gorgeous one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back