Smite's Stout CDA - 205g Acropora dominant system 50x38x25"

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Troy! It's still looking young but getting there. That is the hard part with larger display; those frags start soooo tiny, right? Ha!
Killing Me! My little cube was overflowing and it looked awesome! The corals fit the tank and then the upgrade….I gotta get a magnifying glass out to find them :grinning-squinting-face:

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killing Me! My little cube was overflowing and it looked awesome! The corals fit the tank and then the upgrade….I gotta get a magnifying glass out to find them :grinning-squinting-face:
I went from a pretty well grown in 48x24x16 to this 50x36x26 upgrade. It started off a little fuller than I anticipated but then I managed to kill almost everything and free up plenty of room for some macro shot only sized frags haha.
transfer.jpeg

Here is a new addtion from the LFS. They run mostly blue in their tank and this thing really pops under blue. Not so much under halide, yet. Something about the color under blues makes me think it'll start to show in the daylight as well eventually. It's a lavender base with yellow tips under blue. LFS had labeled as Malaysian, so maybe it'll get nice?
Purpz.jpg

Local reefer let go of this old school size frag of RR Robin Hood. He felt it needs more light than he was giving it. I've got it between the two reflectors, I believe around the mid 400 range, so hopefully it'll get some red like the pictures I've seen online. Blue it had that cool gold flesh some granulosa show.
RR Robinhood.jpg

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bit of a funk going on with some tenuis and a couple millepora. Not sure whats up with that. ICP came back pretty good but was depleted on some trace elements. I'm correcting those and looking for improvement.

Lots of pieces look unaffected though and color is great. I'm almost contemplating turning my flow back a little bit, some issues appear to only be on one side of the tank, almost on one side of the frags.

This wild aussie enchinata hasn't skipped a beat though.
Aussie Enchinata.jpg
Aussie Enchinata2.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bit of a funk going on with some tenuis and a couple millepora. Not sure whats up with that. ICP came back pretty good but was depleted on some trace elements. I'm correcting those and looking for improvement.

Lots of pieces look unaffected though and color is great. I'm almost contemplating turning my flow back a little bit, some issues appear to only be on one side of the tank, almost on one side of the frags.

This wild aussie enchinata hasn't skipped a beat though.
Aussie Enchinata.jpg
Aussie Enchinata2.jpg
So gorgeous! Love to see it getting so big!

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in a bit of a funk. Trying to figure out the issue still. Tenuis seem to be the ones effected so far. Some millepora as well. I did notice my pink ******* chalice and psycho rim favia made contact and we’re going to war, maybe chemical warfare?

I believe the strange blotches on my OG tort are stress from fighting off the neighbors. Pretty trippy looking though. I do have a golden rod that has similar pink splotches.
IMG_9581.jpeg

I got a new phone, these pictures are taken with it. No filter needed which is nice.
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_9586.jpeg
IMG_9583.jpeg
IMG_9582.jpeg
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9560.jpeg
IMG_9562.jpeg
IMG_9564.jpeg
IMG_9567.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is in a bit of a funk. Trying to figure out the issue still. Tenuis seem to be the ones effected so far. Some millepora as well. I did notice my pink ******* chalice and psycho rim favia made contact and we’re going to war, maybe chemical warfare?

I believe the strange blotches on my OG tort are stress from fighting off the neighbors. Pretty trippy looking though. I do have a golden rod that has similar pink splotches.
IMG_9581.jpeg

I got a new phone, these pictures are taken with it. No filter needed which is nice.
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_9586.jpeg
IMG_9583.jpeg
IMG_9582.jpeg
IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9560.jpeg
IMG_9562.jpeg
IMG_9564.jpeg
IMG_9567.jpeg
Looking lovely! What phone did you get?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back