SmokeBellew's 1st Build (To start Monday, 12/22/14)

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. I am not that serious/formal about my threads. I actually enjoyed seeing your smoker...did you build that yourself?
Yes I did, old 80 gallon compressor tank and fabricated the firebox on my own, got the trailer on sale at a local harbor freight. took about a week to get it all done.

OP
OP
S

SmokeBellew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been taking my time on the stand renovations. Here are some pics showing the almost end result. I used a polycrylic finish. I did not stir it enough during the second coat which resulted in the main stand drying with a flat and milky finish. I had to sand that layer off and redo the 2nd coat.

Attachments

• R2R.20.jpg
    R2R.20.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 88
  • R2R.21.jpg
    R2R.21.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 139
  • R2R.22.jpg
    R2R.22.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 92
  • R2R.23.jpg
    R2R.23.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 89

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been taking my time on the stand renovations. Here are some pics showing the almost end result. I used a polycrylic finish. I did not stir it enough during the second coat which resulted in the main stand drying with a flat and milky finish. I had to sand that layer off and redo the 2nd coat.

WOW, that's beautiful!

OP
OP
S

SmokeBellew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

Has really been an enjoyable learning experience. My biggest screw up is the doors ended up darker than I wanted. But not dark enough that I am even remotely considering sanding again. lol

OP
OP
S

SmokeBellew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, that's beautiful!

And if you think the stand looks good...I should have taken a picture of the Brunswick Stew we were talking about earlier in the thread, Ha!

I weighed the smoked chicken and Boston Butt after it had been pulled off the bone...17lbs of meat went into the stew! We will eat on that batch all year. lol

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you think the stand looks good...I should have taken a picture of the Brunswick Stew we were talking about earlier in the thread, Ha!

I weighed the smoked chicken and Boston Butt after it had been pulled off the bone...17lbs of meat went into the stew! We will eat on that batch all year. lol

Freeze it and send some my way... lol... j/k, good eats I bet!!

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back