Smotz's 120g Build Thread

it's upstairs. Jeez it was heavy!

20160528_111143.jpg


I hope you had some help!
 
I added 3 bags of Mesoflakes and I am just under 4 inches. I have 3 more bags of Reefflakes. Should I add any more? I am leaning towards 1 more bag..

20160530_174942.jpg
 
That's about how much sand I use.
 
Got some water in!

Adjusted the basement plumbing so the ATO and Waterchange pump goes to the new tank. Going forward I will manually have to maintain the 60g Cube.

Was able to do ~ 60 gallons - almost all of the sump and about 1/3 of the tank.
Now I need to wait to make more water. :(

20160601_231139.jpg
 
Got some water in!

Adjusted the basement plumbing so the ATO and Waterchange pump goes to the new tank. Going forward I will manually have to maintain the 60g Cube.

Was able to do ~ 60 gallons - almost all of the sump and about 1/3 of the tank.
Now I need to wait to make more water. :(

20160601_231139.jpg


Progress!!! Yes! Looking good!
 
So I tasted the beer - VERY strong since I added extra sugar - supposed to be 8.5 ABV - I suspect I am at 9.5+ but since I didn't test before so I can't really tell the true ABV. Also - It tastes like very strong coffee. - it's pretty amazing, actually.
 
tank with water..
Got 2x Jebao RW-15's in there stirring it up!

20160604_082113.jpg


20160604_082113.jpg
20160603_222440.jpg
 
I like the fan additions. what speed and setting are your RW 15's?
 
This is my first tank with a canopy. So far I've overcome the heat issues by installing fans (1 intake and 2 outtake). Now I am encountering evaporation. I say about 1 gallon a day.
Is this standard expected behavior?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new