Smurf Boogers Acro - Yellow Polyps!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shlap
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank guys! Appreciate all the feedback. I'll be sure to take another photo or two in the next couple of weeks to show how it progresses.

slojmn, do you have any photos of the psychoberry? Would love to see that one.

I don't plan to frag her for at least a few months. I'll post an update when the time comes :-)

not to step on slojmn's toes, her's is probably better, but here's my psychoberry...not a great pic but you can see the yellow polyps.

psychoberry_zps567f1f1e.jpg
 
Time for an update! Sorry it's been so long. The smurf boogers got knocked off the rock twice and browned out a bit; wasn't looking all that hot. Then the polyps also started going white on me. After a month secured to the rock and turning the whites down on my Hydras, it's looking better than ever. The polyps just glow under blue LEDs.

Here it is with a camera flash
14976718738_4e50b50953_b.jpg


And this is under blue leds, polyps are captain insaneo.
14976634550_e739852cd7_b.jpg
 
Update time!

Hey guys, time for an update! I ended up browning this piece pretty good while making some major changes in my tank (taking all of the live rock out of the tank to nuke clove polyps and then re-aquascaping). With things stable for the last month or so, I had a look the other night and noticed the smurf boogers was looking pretty hot again! Here's a photo:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new