Snail id help

hopperjl16

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
217
Reaction score
122
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this guy along with a few astrea snails from the LFS awhile ago. I thought he was an astrea with just a little different shell, but I've realized he's strictly nocturnal (I actually thought he'd died for a couple weeks bc he disappeared) and his body is black whereas all the astrea are a mottled gray. The astrea are out and active all day and I only ever see him at night. I'm assuming he's some type of turbo snail?


ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1456370252.396143.jpg
 
Cool, I'll have to find another one then. This one was acquired by mistake and it's the only one I have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new