Snail ID

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
1,480
Location
Cary, NC
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can I get an ID on this snail? I have three of them. They are about the size of a Mexican turbo but don’t have as distinct of a “double foot”, although they seem to locomote by sending ripples up each half of the foot separately. And unlike Mexican turbos these have actually survived in my system for a few years. I’d like to get a few more for some other tanks but not sure what they are.

IMG_1924.jpeg
 
Can I get an ID on this snail? I have three of them. They are about the size of a Mexican turbo but don’t have as distinct of a “double foot”, although they seem to locomote by sending ripples up each half of the foot separately. And unlike Mexican turbos these have actually survived in my system for a few years. I’d like to get a few more for some other tanks but not sure what they are.

IMG_1924.jpeg
Looks like a trochus snail to me, though its hard to tell. See what other people say before believing me, lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new