Snail Identification?

Warpigdave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
170
Reaction score
54
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what type of snail this is? I’ve started to ser a few of them every morning. They’re pretty small.
F17A7AF6-76D2-4CF8-BF7B-053A0E9D460E.jpeg
 
Need a side shot too. Is it pointed/cone shaped? Looks like a trochus from above.
 
Size? It reminds me of a Collonista snail (known to hitchhike and are harmless algae grazers that breed somewhat rapidly). From my experience, they are usually smaller than pin heads.
 
A bit Smaller than a pencil eraser. I was thinking Collonista, but was making sure it wasn’t the tiger zoa eating ones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new