cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st pic: looks like a tiny piece of rubble rock on the glass

2nd pic: weird snail found on rock

IMG_4880.jpeg IMG_4881.jpeg
Interesting and unsure... #reefsquad get a closer/better picture or just pull it out and snap a photo than just make sure to cover your hands just in case its something that stings or bites... Most likely not but you never know!

OP
OP
anthony1222

anthony1222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting and unsure... #reefsquad get a closer/better picture or just pull it out and snap a photo than just make sure to cover your hands just in case its something that stings or bites... Most likely not but you never know!

It’s really hard for my phone to focus on aquarium glass when up close so it’s really hard to take a detailed photo. They all moved somewhere else I don’t know where so I can’t take them out

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really hard for my phone to focus on aquarium glass when up close so it’s really hard to take a detailed photo. They all moved somewhere else I don’t know where so I can’t take them out
Interesting.... I guess just wait for them to come out again

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked it up on the TBS rock hitchhiker site cause they all appeared after I added their rock and the 2nd pic might be a whelk snail which is not reef safe. Idk what the 1st pic is though
Weird... just hope they come out again pull them out immediately i guess specifically the whelk snail.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I can’t tell what the thing is at all in the first pic - you’ll definitely need clearer pics for that one.

The second pic, I can tell the snail eats meat and that it’s from the taxonomic superfamily Buccinoidea. It may be either a predatory snail, a dove snail, or a Nassarius species of some kind - but I’m leaning toward it being a predatory one at the moment. That said, some clear, straight-on shots of the full snail - top, bottom, and both sides - would be useful to know for sure.

OP
OP
anthony1222

anthony1222

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I can’t tell what the thing is at all in the first pic - you’ll definitely need clearer pics for that one.

The second pic, I can tell the snail eats meat and that it’s from the taxonomic superfamily Buccinoidea. It may be either a predatory snail, a dove snail, or a Nassarius species of some kind - but I’m leaning toward it being a predatory one at the moment. That said, some clear, straight-on shots of the full snail - top, bottom, and both sides - would be useful to know for sure.
I’ll try and see if tonight they decide to come out again

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%

Back