Snail outbreak. Species and concern?

buzzeorw1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! 55 gallon breeder with 30 gallon sump two years old skimmer and ATO. Big hammer annd torch, about five fish, brittle star, about five corals. About a month ago my son noticed an almost overnight bloom of snails (hundreds and too tiny for his old father to notice). I think the numbers have declined a little bit, but I’ve noticed I’ve had some equipment issues over the last month like the ATO went wacky (wouldn’t shut off) and the silencing valve I have on my tank drain clogged. I’m attaching a picture. It’s the best I can do I apologize. Maybe someone can identify the type I’m dealing with, and if if I should be concerned and if concerned possible remedies. :-)

Just went scuba, diving for the first time ever last weekend in the Bahamas and I tell everyone scuba is like swimming in my fish tank :-)

IMG_5408.png IMG_5407.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new