Snail releasing eggs or sperm ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stable58
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stable58

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
This happend today filled whole tank up !
Any ideas !
Screenshot_20200113_162531_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
 
Trochus snails? If so the sperm will look like "smoke". If you have a several it can cloud your tank. First video is of sperm release, the second shows the eggs suspended in the water column.

 
Spot on
Just eggs then didn't see any clouding!
Thanks for reply
 
When one of my largest turbo snails started doing this, within minutes all of them joined in. The water was a milky mess and the fish went crazy eating it up.

I was hoping for new snails, but that was mid-November and I haven't seen any. Perhaps the fish got them all or they just don't survive in captivity.
 
When one of my largest turbo snails started doing this, within minutes all of them joined in. The water was a milky mess and the fish went crazy eating it up.

I was hoping for new snails, but that was mid-November and I haven't seen any. Perhaps the fish got them all or they just don't survive in captivity.
Can this produce an effect on Po4?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new