Snail Terminator Captured!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef life
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef life

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
577
Reaction score
124
Location
South Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally caught and removed a PolyClad Flat Worm:rip: that has been eating all my snails. When I found him early yesterday morning with a flashlight he was eating a snail as he tried to slither away. Now its time to restock a CC.:bigsmile:
 
I have been putting 50 snails in every 3 months for over a year. I could only find 2 that were alive.
 
Nasty buggers, make sure there are not more than one! I had to capture a couple...

DSC_1269.JPG
 
I will be spot checking at night with a flashlight, and watching for dead snails.
 
I had one of those years ago, other than being a flat worm I had no idea what it was. I kicked it out just as precaution.
 
That was a good move. They are very hard to catch, at least in my tank. I nearly made a bunch of frags in the process.lol.
 
I caught one of those completely by accident a few years ago, I put my finger on it while moving a rock... freaked me out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new