snailnivorous snail?!?!?

Dr4gula.f32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2022
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this snail from Petco about 8 months ago. It was labeled as Wavy Turban Snail. If you google it, you'll find tons of recipes to cook this guy up, not not much else.

This shell is about 3 inches in diamter and maybe almost 2 inches tall.

I've seen him sucking on some other snails, and now I just saw the one he was just sucking on is empty.

Is this snail eating other snails? I do have a few dead shells laying around now that I think about it
 
Do you have any pics of it? The Wavy Turban Snail I know is Megastraea undosa, and it's an herbivore.
 
Its worth posting a picture anyways, snails especially cause of how similar they can all be as some are only differed by the foot, eyes, plate, etc rather than the shell which two can have the same looking shell.

Nassarius snails are infamous to being whelks, where you can have two identical looking twins and then one of them turned out to be a predatory species of whelk instead of the nassarius scavenger we're more familar with because the details that set them apart most wouldn't know how to see unless you studied gastropods.

If its truely one I don't think it'd harm anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new